Sweet Potato Pie with Cinnamon and Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 2 cups fresh heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed. Add both sugars; mix on medium speed 1 minute. Add mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla; mix to combine, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add eggs, one at a time until they are incorporated thoroughly. Spoon filling into pie crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until pie filling is firm to the touch. Let cool before serving.
- Meanwhile, for the whipped cream: Pour cream into a large mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and cinnamon; beat to firm peaks. Gently fold in powder sugar.
- Slice pie and serve with whipped cream.
Makes 6 to 8 servings