Caramelized Bland Farms® Premium Sweet Onion Smash Burger
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated Bland Farms® Premium Sweet Onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Vidalia Brands® Special Blend Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 Bland Farms® Premium Sweet Onion, sliced
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese, optional
- 4 hamburger buns
- Olive oil
- Sliced dill pickles
- Set the Big Green Egg for direct cooking at 375-400°F.
- Combine ground beef and the next 5 ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lightly oil the Big Green Egg Half Moon Cast Iron Plancha Griddle and caramelize the sliced sweet onions. Set aside.
- While onions are caramelizing, loosely form patties into 3-4 oz balls.
- Place patties onto griddle. Use the weight of the Big Green Egg Cast Iron Grill Press to push down on the meat until you have a thin patty.
- Let the burgers cook for 60-90 seconds until the juices start to bubble through the burgers. Only flip the patties once; be sure to scrape under the patty to retain the crispy, caramelized crust on the bottom. Add cheese if desired and cook for another minute or two. Top with the caramelized onions, pickles, lettuce and favorite condiments and serve immediately on hamburger buns.