Sweet Potato Curry
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Bland Farms® Vidalia® or Premium Sweet Onion, diced
- 14 oz. can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp. Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- ¾ tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 15.5 oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. or 3 Cups of Sand Candy™ Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1” pieces
- 13.5 oz. can Coconut Milk
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- Sauté onion in Olive Oil over medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all spices and stir for about 30 seconds, until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Sweet Potatoes and Coconut Milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for about 20 to 30 more minutes until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked through and are fork-tender.
- Stir in the Spinach and the Lime Juice, Remove the curry from the heat. Taste the curry and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Allow for the curry to cool slightly and for the Spinach to wilt, about 3 minutes.
Serve over your favorite rice such as Jasmine or Basmati.