French Onion Cheeseball
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped Bland Farms® Vidalia® Onions
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Vidalia Brands® French Onion Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 can French fried onions
- Heat oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add onions; sauté 10 minutes, stirring often. Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 20 minutes more, stirring often until the onions are golden and caramelized (reduce the heat if necessary). Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Vidalia Brands® French Onion Seasoning, remaining salt, remaining pepper and Gruyère cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add cooled onions; mixing until well combined. Shape mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Just before serving, unwrap ball and roll it in the French fried onions. Top with chopped fresh thyme, and serve with crackers or toasted baguette.