Vidalia® Sweet Onion and
Sweet Potato Stack
- 8- ½” slices of peeked Sand Candy™ Sweet Potatoes
- 8- ½” slices of Bland Farms® Vidalia® or Premium Sweet Onions
- 8 Thick Cut Slices of Bacon
- Salt & Black Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil for Drizzling
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Brush Sweet Potatoes and Onions with Olive Oil. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Layer Sweet Potatoes and Onions creating 4 stacks.
- Wrap each stack with 2 slices of Bacon in a cross pattern with the ends on the bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F on a foil lined baking sheet until potatoes are tender and bacon is fully cooked, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- While the stacks are baking, make the Balsamic Glaze.
- To make the Balsamic Glaze, combine Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar in small sauce pan bringing to a gentle boil, then reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before serving (about 15 minutes) over Sweet Potato Stacks.