Vidalia® Onion & Bacon Bruschetta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 large Bland Farms® Vidalia® Onion, sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 French baguette, sliced into ½-inch-thick slices
- Olive oil
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Drizzle a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place over medium heat. Add butter to melt. Add onion and sauté until tender and slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
- Brush 6 slices of cooked bacon with maple syrup and chop into small pieces.
- Heat grill. Brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place baguette slices on grill and toast until crisp.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted baguette slices and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Top with sautéed onions and chopped bacon, and serve.