Vidalia® Sweet Onion and Bacon Jam
- 1 lb. Thick Cut Bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 ½ cups finely diced Bland Farms® Vidalia® or Premium Sweet Onions
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 ½ tsp. Mustard Seed
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Place the cooked bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Drain all but 4 tablespoons of bacon fat from the pan, add the onions to the pan with the bacon grease, reducing heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the onions are caramelized (about 15-20 minutes), stirring often.
- Mix in the garlic, mustard seed, brown sugar, Maple syrup, Balsamic Vinegar and pieces of cooked bacon.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture has thickened to a jam consistency. Taste jam and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or cold, but you may want to warm slightly if it has been refrigerated. Will keep in refrigerator for 1 week.
Great with Charcuterie!