Lamb Stuffed Vidalia® Sweet Onions
- 5 Jumbo Bland Farms® Vidalia® or Premium Sweet Onions
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the onions and slice off a small piece of the bottoms of the onions so that they sit level. The core should be intact.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1” deep cone out of the top of each onion.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tbsp of butter in the center of each of the onions.
- Wrap each onion tightly in foil.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take the onions out of the onion and carefully unwrap. Onions should be soft but still hold form. The onions will need to be cool before stuffing.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F.
- 1/2 of a Large Bland Farms® Vidalia® or Premium Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Mix all of the Lamb stuffing ingredients together and set aside.
- Scoop out the center of each onion leaving a ¼” shell.
- Fill each onion with the lamb mixture.
- Place the stuffed onions in a shallow baking dish and bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the onions from the oven and top with the Parmesan Cheese and Panko Breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 20 more minutes.
- Check the onions if the topping is not golden brown, broil for 2 minutes, checking frequently.