Vidalia® Onion & Grilled Corn Salad
- 1 large Bland Farms® Vidalia® Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- Olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Vidalia Brands® Creamy Vidalia Sweet Onion Dressing
- To pickle the onions, combine vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste in a quart jar, cover and shake to mix. Add diced onion and pickle for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Preheat grill to medium heat. Add corn over direct heat; grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, rotating so that every side gets a bit charred, 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove corn from grill, let cool.
- Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels off cob and transfer to a large bowl. Drain onions and add to corn along with bell pepper, cucumber, avocado and cherry tomatoes; toss to combine. Drizzle with Vidalia Brands® Creamy Vidalia Sweet Onion Dressing to taste, stirring to coat. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.