Beef or Chicken Shish Kabobs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak or chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 mushroom caps
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 each green, red and yellow bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 16 Bland Farms® Lil’ O’s™, peeled
- 8 skewers*
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and pepper; pour into a gallon-size resealable storage bag. Add beef or chicken and mushrooms; seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove meat and mushrooms from the marinade; reserve marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Set aside for basting kabobs.
- Thread meat and veggies on skewers in a repeating pattern until all ingredients are skewered.
- Grill kabobs, basting each skewer generously with simmered marinade. Turn kabobs frequently until all sides are slightly charred and meat reaches desired internal temperature (145°F for beef and 165°F for chicken).