Position Available: Staff Accountant (Accounting Associate)
Staff Accountant (Accounting Associate)
Senior Accountant (Finance Manager)
Georgia (Home Office)
Full time or Part time:
Exempt or Non-exempt:
Responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to Accounting Department personnel. Maintains accounting document files, keys daily worksheets and data into the accounting system, records journal entries into the general ledger system. Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Preform the day to day processing of accounting transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related clerical support functions.
- Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Types a variety of documents, reports, and records.
- Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system and records approved journal entries.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany transactions). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Input credit and debits to the accounting system as requested.
- Input general ledger entries for account changes.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on asset and liability account balances.
- Ensure accurate balancing from a corporate perspective from our subsidiaries.
- Ensure accurate entry of intercompany transactions.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company’s accounting system. Prepares consolidated internal and external reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as: invoices, work orders, checks, vouchers, and substantiates business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as: funds received and disbursed; totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Tracks company credit card charges and reconciles statements.
- Performs periodic and as needed inventory.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Assists in the preparation of management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Preform other accounting duties as assigned.
Work Experience Required
- 2+ years of Accounting experience.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
How To Apply
Please indicate which position you are applying for and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Tags: open positions, position available, positions