Grilled Flank Steak with Vidalia Sweet Onion Chimichurri
- 1 medium Vidalia® sweet onion
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. red pepper flake
- 1 flank steak, skirt steak or London broil
1. Preheat oven to 450•F. Peel onion; cut into wedges. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread mixture evenly out onto a large baking pan. Roast in oven until slightly charred or golden on edges. Let cool then finely chop. In a bowl, combine roasted onion, remaining 3/4 cup oil and next 10 ingredients. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour. Can be made a day ahead.
2. Heat grill. Season both sides of steak generously with salt. Grill over high heat, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side to achieve medium rare doneness (145•F), depending on the thickness of the steak.
3. Slice steak; serve with chimichurri.
Makes 4-5 servings